Follow these tips when troubleshooting your computer:
If you added or removed a part before the problem started, review the
installation procedures to ensure that the part is correctly installed.
If a peripheral device does not work, ensure that the device is properly
If an error message appears on the screen, write down the exact message.
This message may help support personnel diagnose and fix the problem(s).
If an error message occurs in a program, see the Help document of this program.
Troubleshooting Display Problems
Problem: Blank screen or no image is displayed on the monitor.
Troubleshooting and problem resolution:
1. Make sure the power cord is plugged into your computer and a functioning
2. Unplug the power cord and plug the power cord back in securely and restart
3. If the LCD screen has a LCD On/Off button, check that the LCD screen has
been turned on.
If still cannot solve the problem, contact Lenovo Customer Service.
Problem: You need to change the display property settings.
Setting display background and icon properties:
1. Right-click the desktop anywhere except over an icon, then select Personalize
from the pop-up menu.
2. From here, select the appropriate options to:
Change the desktop background
Select a screen saver
Select Windows color options for borders and taskbar
Select a themes
3. Right-click the desktop anywhere except over an icon, then select Screen
resolution from the pop-up menu to change the appearance.