Installing and Configuring the Edge Switch 2/32
Task 13: Test Remote Notification (Optional)
If the call-home and e-mail notification features are enabled, set up the HAFM
application to test these remote notification features. Because the features are
configured at the HAFM application, call-home and e-mail notification are enabled for
multiple switches or HP managed products. To test remote notification:
1. Close the Hardware View page for the switch and return to the Product View
page by closing the window.
2. At the Product View page, choose Maintenance > Test Remote Notification.
The Test Remote Notification dialog box displays, as shown in
Figure 2–35: Test Remote Notification dialog box
3. Choose Call Home and E-Mail to perform applicable tests.
The call home test provides a test notification message to a remote support center.
Depending on the option chosen during HAFM installation, the test notification
message is transmitted over telephone lines or LAN.
4. Click Send Test. Call-home and e-mail test messages are transmitted and an
Information dialog box displays, as shown in
5. Verify with recipients that call-home and e-mail notifications were received.
Figure 2–36: Information dialog box
2–36. Click OK to close the
edge switch 2/32 installation guide