12. Slide the hard-disk-drive cage into the chassis from the front until it snaps into position.
Note: The following illustration shows the 3.5-inch hard-disk-drive cage. For the 2.5-inch hard-disk-drive
cage, the installation procedure is the same.
Figure 119. Installing the hard-disk-drive cage
13. Reinstall all the hot-swap hard disk drives and dummy trays (if any) in the hard-disk-drive cage. See
"Installing or replacing a hot-swap hard disk drive" on page 130.
14. Refer to your note to reconnect the cables to the backplane.
15. Reinstall the front system fan 1. See "Replacing the front system fan 1" on page 183.
16. Reinstall the front bezel. See "Removing and reinstalling the front bezel" on page 87.
17. If you are instructed to return the old backplane, follow all packaging instructions and use any packaging
materials that are supplied to you for shipping.
What to do next:
• To work with another piece of hardware, go to the appropriate section.
• To complete the replacement, go to "Completing the parts replacement" on page 200.
Replacing the power distribution board and cage assembly
Attention: Do not open your server or attempt any repair before reading and understanding "Safety information"
on page iii and "Guidelines" on page 83.
This topic provides instructions on how to replace the power distribution board and cage assembly. This
topic applies only to server models that come with hot-swap redundant power supplies.
Installing, removing, or replacing hardware