Configuring A/V, Closed Captioning, and Other Settings
The User Settings menu options available from the main screen are illustrated and
High-Definition All-Digital Dual Tuner DVR Set-top RNG200N • User Guide
365-095-16097-x.1 This document is uncontrolled pending incorporation in a Motorola CMS
User Settings Menu – Main Menu Screen
The TV Type setting allows you to specify the style of television connected to
the RNG200N. Options include 16:9, 4:3 Letterbox, and 4:3 Pan Scan. By
default, the 16:9 option is selected. The options are used as follows:
• 16:9 indicates that a widescreen television is connected to the RNG200N.
• 4:3 Letterbox indicates that a standard-screen television is connected to the RNG200N
and that widescreen programs should be scaled to fit the screen with black bars above
and below the picture.
• 4:3 Pan Scan indicates that a standard-screen television is connected to the RNG200N
and that widescreen programs should be cropped so that the picture fills the entire
The HDMI/YPbPr Output setting allows you to select the video format of the
HDMI and/or Component Video (YPbPr) outputs:
• For ALL programs when the 4:3 Override setting is set to either Off or Stretch.
• For ONLY widescreen programs when the 4:3 Override is set to either 480i or 480p.
Available options for the HDMI/YPbPr Output setting include 1080i, 720p, 480p,
480i, and Native. By default, the 1080i option is selected.
The options are used as follows:
• 1080p60—The RNG200N will present programs in the High-Definition 1080p60