Connecting Your RNG Set-top
Connecting Your Set-top to an External eSATA DVR
1. Contact your cable service provider to verify the set-top software necessary to
support External DVR Storage is available in your area.
2. Connect the AC power cord to the external drive and plug the external drive's AC
power adapter into an electrical outlet.
3. Allow approximately 15 to 30 seconds for the external drive to reach operating
4. Connect one end of the eSATA cable to the set-top.
5. Connect the other end of the eSATA cable to the external drive.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: Only connect external hard drives that have been approved by Motorola for
external DVR service. Connecting an external drive that has not been approved could
result in poor DVR performance.
High-Definition All-Digital Dual Tuner DVR Set-top RNG200N • User Guide
365-095-16097-x.1 This document is uncontrolled pending incorporation in a Motorola CMS