Install the ductwork
To reduce the risk of fire, use only metal
1. Decide where the ductwork will run between the
hood and the outside.
2. A straight, short duct run will allow the hood to
perform most efficiently.
3. Long duct runs, elbows, and transitions will reduce
the performance of the hood. Use as few of them
as possible. Larger ducting may be required for best
performance with longer duct runs.
4. Install a roof or wall cap. Connect round metal
ductwork to cap and work back towards hood
location. Use duct tape to seal the joints between
5. Never make the size or area of the ductwork smaller
than the size that originates at the hood.
6. Bigger ductwork is better.
7. Keep duct lenght less than 50 linear feet.
8. Minimize use of elbows and transitions (4 or less).
9. Always separate 90 degree elbows with at least 2
feet of straight ductwork.
10. Place transitions at least 1 foot from the hood
D E C O R A -
T I V E
F L U E
24" TO 30" ABOVE