TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY TO PERSONS
IN THE EVENT OF A RANGE TOP GREASE FIRE,
OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING:*
1. SMOTHER FLAMES with a close-fitting lid, cookie
sheet, or metal tray, then turn off the burner. BE
CAREFUL TO PREVENT BURNS. If the flames
do not go out immediately, EVACUATE AND CALL
THE FIRE DEPARTMENT.
2. NEVER PICK UP A FLAMING PAN - You may be
3. DO NOT USE WATER, including wet dishcloths or
towels - violent steam explosion will result.
4. Use an extinguisher ONLY if:
A. You know you have a Class ABC extinguisher
and you already know how to operate it.
B. The fire is small and contained in the area where
C. The fire department is being called.
D. You can fight the fire with your back to an exit.
* Based on "Kitchen Fire Safety Tips" published
1. To reduce risk of fire and to properly exhaust air,
be sure to duct air outside. Do not vent exhaust
air into spaces within walls or ceilings or into attics,
crawl spaces, or garages.
2. Take care when using cleaning agents or
3. Avoid using food products that produce flames
under the Range Hood.
4. For general ventilating use only. Do not use to
exhaust hazardous or explosive materials and
5. To avoid motor bearing damage and noisy and/or
unbalanced impellers, keep drywall spray,
construction dust, etc. off power unit.
6. Your hood motor has a thermal overload which will
automatically shut off the motor if it becomes over-
heated. The motor will restart when it cools down.
If the motor continues to shut off and restart, have
the hood serviced.
7. For best capture of cooking impurities, the bottom
of the hood should be a minimum of 24" and a
maximum of 30" above the cooking surface.
8. Two installers are recommended because of the
large size and weight of this hood.
9. This product is equipped with a thermostat which
may start blower automatically. To reduce the risk
of injury and to prevent power from being switched
on accidentally, switch power off at service panel
and lock or tag service panel.
10. Please read specification label on product for
further information and requirements.
AUTOMATICALLY OPERATED DEVICE.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY, DISCONNECT
FROM POWER SUPPLY BEFORE SERVICING.
THE UNIT IS EQUIPPED WITH AN INTEGRAL
DISCONNECTING SWITCH LOCATED INSIDE THE
INTEGRAL DISCONNECTING SWITCH