with examples for the numerical solver applications.
(Multiple equation SoLVer) will be presented later in page 6-10.
1. Whenever you solve for a value in the NUM.SLV applications, the
value solved for will be placed in the stack. This is useful if you need to
keep that value available for other operations.
2. There will be one or more variables created whenever you activate
some of the applications in the NUM.SLV menu.
Using the Solve poly...option in the calculator's SOLVE environment you
(1) find the solutions to a polynomial equation;
(2) obtain the coefficients of the polynomial having a number of given
(3) obtain an algebraic expression for the polynomial as a function of X.
Finding the solutions to a polynomial equation
A polynomial equation is an equation of the form: an
= 0. For example, solve the equation: 3s
We want to place the coefficients of the equation in a vector:
[3,2,0,-1,1]. To solve for this polynomial equation using the calculator, try
‚í1\‚í1@@OK@@ @SOLVE@ Solve equation
The screen will show the solution as follows:
Item 6. MSLV
- s + 1 = 0.
Select Solve poly...
Enter vector of coefficients