Removing and replacing the front bezel
The front bezel must be removed to replace some FRUs.
1. Remove both the left-side and right-side covers. See "Removing the covers" on
2. Disconnect the cable for the power switch/LED assembly from the system
3. Remove the screws that secure the bezel. There are two on each side.
4. There are three plastic tabs on each side of the bezel. While applying pressure
5. When the tabs are all released, remove the bezel from the chassis.
6. Route the power switch/LED cable through the hole in the chassis and to the
7. Align the tabs in the chassis and snap it into position. Install the two screws on
8. Reconnect the power switch/LED cable to the system board.
board. See "Identifying parts on the system board" on page 87 for the
on the top of the bezel, release each tab starting with the tabs at the top.
Note: The power switch/LED assembly cable is connected inside the bezel. Be
careful to not damage the cable and connectors when removing the bezel
from the chassis.
To replace the bezel:
each side to secure the bezel.
Chapter 8. Replacing FRUs (Types 7387, 7388, 7389, 7393, 7394, and 7395)