IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Read all instructions before using this appliance. Save these instructions for future reference.
To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, or injury when using your electric cooktop, follow basic
precaution including the following:
• Remove all tape and packaging wrap before using the appliance. Destroy the carton
and plastic bags after unpacking the appliance. Never allow children to play with
• Proper Installation. Be sure your appliance is properly installed and grounded by a
qualified technician in accordance with the National Electrical Code No. 70 - latest
edition in the United States, or CSA C22.1, Part 1 in Canada, and local code
requirements. Install only per installation instructions provided in the literature package for
Ask your dealer to recommend a qualified technician and an authorized repair service. Know
how to disconnect the electrical power to the appliance at the circuit breaker or fuse box in
case of an emergency.
Stepping or leaning on this cooktop can result in serious injuries and may also cause damage to the
cooktop. Do not allow children to climb or play around the cooktop.
• User Servicing. Do not repair or replace any part of the appliance unless specifically
recommended in the manuals. All other servicing should be done only by a qualified
technician to reduce the risk of personal injury and damage to the appliance.
• Never modify or alter the construction of an appliance such as removal of panels, wire
covers or any other permanent part of the appliance.
• Storage on Appliance. Flammable materials should not be stored near surface units.
This includes paper, plastic and cloth items, such as cookbooks, plasticware and towels, as
well as flammable liquids. Do not store explosives, such as aerosol cans, on or near the
appliance. Flammable materials may explode and result in fire or property damage.