STANDARD NOTES FOR SERVICING
Circuit Board Indications
a. The output pin of the 3 pin Regulator ICs is indi-
cated as shown.
b. For other ICs, pin 1 and every fifth pin are indicated
c. The 1st pin of every male connector is indicated as
Instructions for Connectors
1. When you connect or disconnect the FFC (Flexible
Foil Connector) cable, be sure to first disconnect
the AC cord.
2. FFC (Flexible Foil Connector) cable should be
inserted parallel into the connector, not at an angle.
* Be careful to avoid a short circuit.
Pb (Lead) Free Solder
When soldering, be sure to use the Pb free solder.
How to Remove / Install Flat Pack-IC
With Hot-Air Flat Pack-IC Desoldering Machine:.
(1) Prepare the hot-air flat pack-IC desoldering
machine, then apply hot air to the Flat Pack-IC
(about 5 to 6 seconds). (Fig. S-1-1)
(2) Remove the flat pack-IC with tweezers while apply-
ing the hot air.
(3) Bottom of the flat pack-IC is fixed with glue to the
CBA; when removing entire flat pack-IC, first apply
soldering iron to center of the flat pack-IC and heat
up. Then remove (glue will be melted). (Fig. S-1-6)
(4) Release the flat pack-IC from the CBA using twee-
zers. (Fig. S-1-6)
1. The Flat Pack-IC shape may differ by models. Use
an appropriate hot-air flat pack-IC desoldering
machine, whose shape matches that of the Flat
2. Do not supply hot air to the chip parts around the
flat pack-IC for over 6 seconds because damage to
the chip parts may occur. Put masking tape around
the flat pack-IC to protect other parts from damage.