7.1 CLEANING THE MAINTENANCE UNIT
(1) Unplug the machine's power cord from the wall socket.
(2) Plug the power cord again. After you hear the head/carriage unit moving out of the home
position for initialization, unplug the power cord again. The head/carriage unit will stop at the
middle of the travel.
(3) Open the scanner cover (scanner unit).
(4) Clean the two head caps and wiper of the maintenance unit with a "Rubycel" stick that is a
head cleaner stick provided as a spare part.
NOTE: Do not use a cotton swab that may leave lint on the cleaned sections. Lint left on the
maintenance unit will affect the print performance.
NOTE: Use a new Rubycel stick and do not use the used one for any other maintenance units.
NOTE: During the cleaning jobs, take care not to touch the head caps or wiper directly by
hand or scratch their surfaces. Do not remove them from the head cap holder.
(5) Close the scanner cover.
(6) Hear the head/carriage unit moving. After the moving sound stops, unplug the machine's
power cord from the wall socket.
7 - 1