[ 8 ]
Print out a test pattern
MFC620CN/425CN/420CN/410CN/215C/215C/210C and FAX2440C
Press the 0 and 9 keys in this order.
Enter 0 and 9 by using the
(*To enter a numerical code on models having no numerical keypad, press the
display the numerical code to be entered and then press the Set key. Repeat this operation for each
Chapter 8, Section 8.5.3.
[ 9 ]
Writing the firmware to the machine (Required for the MFC210C U.S.A./Canadian models)
(1) On the machine, press the 9 key twice to exit from the maintenance mode.
(2) After the head/carriage unit returns to the home position, unplug the machine's power cord
from the electrical outlet.
(3) While holding down the 5 key, plug the power cord of the machine into an electrical outlet.
(4) On the PC, run "FILEDG32.exe" in the folder created in
The Filedrgs window appears as shown below.
(5) Drag and drop the firmware file that has been designed for the FAX model repaired onto the
BHL2-Maintenance Printer icon in the Filedrgs window shown above.
When the work PC starts loading the firmware file to the flash ROM of the machine, the
machine beeps intermittently. Loading terminates in approx. one minute.
and Set keys.*
6 - 2 2
key several times to