LASER BEAM SAFETY PRECAUTION
• Pick-up that emits a laser beam is used in this CD player section.
THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS A LOW
P O W E R L A S E R D E V I C E , T O
ENSURE CONTINUED SAFETY DO
NOT REMOVE ANY COVERS OR
ATTEMPT TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE
INSIDE OF THE PRODUCT. REFER
ALL SERVICING TO QUALIFIED
LASER OUTPUT .............. 0.6 mW Max.
WAVELENGTH .................. 790 nm
1. Azimuth Adjustment
• Be sure to clean the heads before attempting to make any adjustment.
• Be sure both channels (1 and 2) are the same level.
(Using a dual-channel oscilloscope)
• Be sure both channel's waveform are same for the phase matching.
• After completion of the adjustment, use the threadlock (TB-1401B) to
secure the azimuth adjustment screws.
1. Remove the cover deck as Fig.1.
2. Load a test tape (VTT-738 etc. : 10kHz) in the Deck.
3. Press the PLAY button. (Normal playback)
4. Use a + tip screwdriver to turn the screw for normal azimuth
adjustment so that the left and right outputs are maximized at
the same phase during normal playback. See Fig.2.
5. Adjust so that the waveforms for the left and right channels are in alignment.
2. Tape Speed Adjustment
• Connect the Frequency Counter to TAPE OUT.
1. Insert the test tape (MTT-111N, etc.; 3,000Hz) into the DECK.
2. Press the PLAY button. .
3. Adjust a hole on the motor bottom so that a frequency counter reading of 3,000 }5Hz is obtained.See Fig.3.
4. Press the STOP button, and eject the test tape.
3. Torque Measurement
- 1 -
hole for adjustment