Y8150 FRESH AIR VENTILATION SYSTEM, W8150 FRESH AIR VENTILATION CONTROL
In this section, make sure the ventilation system is operating
1. On thermostat, set Fan switch to Auto and System
switch to Off.
2. Set any remote switches throughout the house in the
3. On the W8150, set the control switch to Off (remote
4. Press Test button for two seconds to enter test mode:
• A light on the control begins flashing.
• The HVAC system fan comes on.
• The damper moves to the Open position.
5. Press the Test button again to exit test mode:
• No lights on the control are on.
• The HVAC system fan turns off.
• The damper returns to the closed position.
6. Return the thermostat, ventilation control, and remote
switches to the original settings.
7. Refer to Troubleshooting section, if needed.
Flashing red light
Not enough airflow
during test mode
Ventilation on-time limit
(The current settings
do not meet the
Flashing red light
No light on ventilation
No power to control
control when switch
• Override Off/
• Remote Only and a
remote switch is on.
HVAC fan does not
come on after pressing
HVAC system does not
• Measure airflow and check dial setting.
• See Problem: Not enough airflow.
• If the device is set to 60%: Set the ventilation control to 100% maximum
on time. This allows the HVAC fan to run up to 100% of the time. It may be
preferable to increase airflow.
• If the device is set to 100%: There is not enough airflow through the
fresh air duct.
• Ventilation continues to occur according to the settings but chosen
standard may not be met.
• Check the voltage from the transformer for at least 20 Vac. If voltage is
OK, replace W8150 Control. If voltage is not OK, disconnect damper and
remote switch connections and check again. If voltage does not return to
at least 20 Vac, replace transformer.
• Verify 24 volt input to R and C terminals on ventilation control.
• Check wiring connections per appropriate system diagram and replace
transformer, if necessary.
• Cycle power off to control for ten seconds and recheck. If control does not
recover, replace ventilation control.
• Check wiring connections per appropriate system diagram.
• Restore power to the HVAC system.
• W8150 Ventilation Control automatically exits test mode
after three minutes.
What to do