NOT INCLUDED WITH UNIT.
ACCESSORY PARTS AVAILABLE (193121A).
Fig. 1. Installation of subbase on outlet box.
Fig. 2. Installation of subbase on wall.
2. Run wires to the thermostat location.
3. Pull wires through the cover plate (if used) and sub-
base cable opening. See Fig. 3.
Use 18 gauge, color-coded thermostat cable for
T874R THERMOSTATS AND Q674L SUBBASES
4. Secure the cover plate (if used) and subbase with
the screws provided. Do not fully tighten the
5. Level the subbase by using a spirit level. Firmly
tighten subbase mounting screws. See Fig. 3. The
subbase mounting holes provide for minor out-of-
An incorrectly leveled subbase causes the
temperature control to deviate from setpoint.
Wiring the Subbase
All wiring must comply with local electrical codes and
ordinances. Follow equipment manufacturer wiring
instructions when available. To wire subbase, proceed as
1. Connect the system wires to the subbase. See Fig.
5-12. A letter code for identification is located near
each terminal. The terminal barrier permits straight
or conventional wraparound wiring connection. See
2. Firmly tighten each terminal screw.
3. Fit wires as close as possible to the subbase. Push
excess wire back into the hole.
4. Plug the hole with nonflammable insulation to
prevent drafts from affecting the thermostat.
Fig. 3. Subbase components and leveling procedure.
STRIP 5/16 IN. (8 MM)
SUBBASE TERMINAL SCREW
POST (2) FOR
STRIP 7/16 IN. (11 MM)
Fig. 4. Wiring connections.
TO SPRING FINGER
CONTACTS ON THE
(UP TO 12)