3. Position the remote sensor so that is faces the main unit
(receiver), minimizing obstructions such as doors, walls,
4. Though the remote sensors are weather-resistant, they
should be placed away from direct sunlight, rain or snow.
NOTE: Install the batteries; select the channel and type of
temperature (ºC/ºF) before you mount the sensor.
1. Remove the screws from the battery compartment with a
small Phillips screwdriver.
2. Set the channel. The switch is located in the battery
compartment. Channel 1 is typically selected if
only 1 remote sensor is being used.
3. If you are using more than one sensor, select a different
channel for each sensor.
4. Install two "AA" size alkaline batteries (not included)
matching to the polarities shown in the battery compartment.
5. Replace the battery compartment door and secure the screws.
6. Secure the remote sensor in the desired location.
1. Open the battery compartment door.
2. Install two AA batteries (not included) matching to the
3. Replace the battery compartment door.
LOW BATTERY WARNING
A low-battery indicator [
] will appear on the indoor or
outdoor temperature reading line of the main unit warning that
the corresponding sensor's batteries need replacement.
After batteries are installed, remote sensors will transmit a
temperature readings at 45 second intervals. The main unit
may take up to 2 minutes to receive the initial readings.
Upon successful reception, remote temperature will be
displayed. The main unit will automatically update readings
at 45-second intervals.
If no signals are received from the remote sensor(s) within
2 minutes, dashes "
" will be displayed.
Press and hold DOWN button [ – ] for 2 seconds to activate
another signal search.
CHECKING REMOTE AND INDOOR TEMPERATURES
The indoor temperature is shown on the middle line of the main
unit display. The remote temperature is shown on the top line of
the display. The wave icon near the remote sensor reading
indicates that there is a good signal reception from the remote
unit. If there is no signal received from the remote unit for more
than 2 minutes, a dashes "
" will be displayed. Hold [ – ]
button for 2 seconds to enforce an immediate search.
Insert 2 AA batteries and connect the included AC adapter
(AC120V, 60Hz-DC5.0V, 100mA).