• Check the SAS connectors for damage or debris.
• Verify that your HBA is supported by the host computer and qualified with the Autoloader.
Refer to the EBS matrix at http://www.hp.com/go/ebs for current HBA compatibility informa-
• Verify that your HBA has the latest firmware.
If the application software or operating system detects the tape drive, but not the Autoloader:
• Verify that multiple LUN support is enabled on the HBA. The device uses two Logical Unit
Numbers (LUNs) to control the tape drive (LUN 0) and robotic (LUN 1). The device requires
an HBA with multiple LUN support and multiple LUN support must be enabled on the host
computer. When multiple LUN support is not enabled, the host computer can see the tape
drive, but not the Autoloader.
Many RAID or array controllers do not provide multiple LUN support.
If the application software or operating system does not detect any devices on the HBA:
• Verify that the SAS host adapter is installed correctly. Refer to the manual that came with your
host adapter for installation and troubleshooting instructions. Pay particular attention to any
steps describing configuration settings. Make sure that the host adapter is properly seated in
the motherboard slot and the operating system correctly detects the host adapter.
• Verify that the proper device driver is installed for the SAS host adapter.
If the Autoloader is detected by the operating system, but not by the application software:
• Refer to the documentation included with your backup application for instructions on how to
verify proper installation. Some backup software packages require an additional module to
communicate with the robotics.
If the Autoloader is detected by the operating system, but is listed as an unknown or generic
• Make sure that the proper device driver, if applicable, is installed for the device. Check your
software provider's website for the latest drivers and patches.
Many backup applications use their own drivers. Before installing a driver, make sure it is not
in conflict with the application software.
If you continue to have problems with a SAS Autoloader, check the following:
Ensure that the device is compatible with the SAS host adapter and backup application you plan
Verify that your HBA is supported by the host computer and qualified with the Autoloader.
Ensure you are using a compatible, high-quality cable. See the product QuickSpecs for a list of
Fibre Channel connection problems
Use the Status screen to check the link connection for your tape drive.
If the screen shows Logged Out: