Perform at every indicated month or
operating hour interval, whichever comes
Flywheel brake pad
Fuel tank and filter
(1) Service more frequently when used in dusty areas.
(2) Change engine oil every 25 hours when used under heavy load or
in high ambient temperatures.
(3) These items should be serviced by an authorized Honda servicing
dealer, unless you have the proper tools and are mechanically
proficient. Refer to the Honda shop manual for service
(4) For commercial use, log hours of operation to determine proper
Every 2 years
(Replace if necessary) (3)
After every 300 hours (3)
Use unleaded gasoline with a pump octane rating of 86 or higher. This
engine is certified to operate on unleaded gasoline. Unleaded gasoline
produces fewer engine and spark plug deposits and extends exhaust
Gasoline is highly flammable and explosive, and you can
be burned or seriously injured when refueling.
• Stop engine and keep heat, sparks, and flame away.
• Refuel only outdoors.
• Wipe up spills immediately.
Fuel can damage paint and some types of plastic. Be careful not to
spill fuel when filling your fuel tank. Damage caused by spilled fuel is
not covered under the Distributor's Limited Warranty (see page 11).
Never use stale or contaminated gasoline or oil/gasoline mixture.
Avoid getting dirt or water in the fuel tank
1. Remove the fuel tank cap.
FUEL TANK CAP
2. Add fuel to the bottom of the fuel level limit in the neck of the fuel
tank. Do not overfill. Wipe up spilled fuel before starting the engine.
Fuel tank capacity: 0.53 US gal (2.0 l)