Download  Print this page

Important Safeguards - Kenwood EW7307K Instructions For Use

Electric oil filled radiator
Hide thumbs



When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce
risk of fire, electric shock, and injury to persons, including the following:
1. Read all instructions before using this heater.
2. If your radiator is equipped with a polythene tape used as carry handle, remove it before
connecting appliance to the outlet.
3. This heater is hot when in use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces.
Use handle when moving this heater. Keep combustible materials, such as furniture, pil-
lows, bedding, papers, clothes, and curtains at least 3 feet (0,9 m) from the front and top
of the heater and keep them away from the sides and rear.
4. Extreme caution is necessary when any heater is used by or near children and whenever
the heater is left operating unattended.
5. Always unplug heater when not in use.
6. If the power cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or
similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
7. Do not operate any heater with a damaged cord or plug or after the heater malfunctions, has been drop-
ped or damaged in any manner. If the heater has leaked any oil, discontinue using the heater and con-
tact a service center as indicated in the instruction leaflet. Return heater to an authorized service facility for
examination, electrical or mechanical adjustment, or repair.
8. Do not use outdoors.
9. This heater is not intended for use in bathrooms, laundry areas and similar indoor loca-
tions. Never position heater where it may fall into a bathtub or other water container.
10. Do not run cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners, or the like.
Arrange cord away from traffic area and where it will not be tripped over.
11. To disconnect heater, turn controls to off, then remove plug from outlet.
12. Connect to properly polarized outlets only.
13. Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this
may cause an electric shock, fire, or damage the heater.
14. To prevent a possible fire, do not block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. Do not use
on soft surfaces, like a bed, where openings may become blocked.
15. A heater has hot or arcing or sparking parts inside. Do not use it in areas where gaso-
line, paint, or flammable liquids are used or stored.
16. Use this heater only as described in this manual. Any other use not recommended by the
manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
17. To prevent overload and blown fuses, be sure that no other appliance is plugged into the
same outlet (receptacle) or into another outlet (receptacle) wired into the same circuit.
18. It is normal for the heater's plug and cord to feel warm to the touch. A plug or cord which becomes hot
to the touch or becomes distorted in shape may be a result of a worn electrical outlet. Worn outlets or
receptacles should be replaced prior to further use of the heater. Plugging heater into a worn outlet
(receptacle) may result in overheating of the power cord or fire.
19. Do not use an extension cord because it may overheat and cause a risk of fire. However, if you have
to use an extension cord, the cord shall be No. 1 4 AWG minimum size and rated not less than
1875 watts, and has to be used only for supplying power to this heater.
20. Be sure that the plug is fully inserted into an appropriate outlet. Please remember that outlets also deterio-
rate due to aging and continuous use: check periodically if signs of overheating or deformations are evi-
denced by the plug. Do not use the outlet and CALL your electrician.
21. Check that neither the appliance nor the power cable have been damaged in any way
during transportation.
22. Make sure that no pieces of polystyrene or other packaging material have been left
between one element of the appliance and another. It may be necessary to pass over the
appliance with a vacuum cleaner.
23. When switching on the appliance for the first time, allow it to run at full power for about two
hours to get rid of the unpleasant smell. Make sure that the room in which the appliance is
located is well ventilated during this operation. It is normal for the appliance to emit small
cracking sounds when you turn it on for the first time.

Hide quick links:


Table of Contents

  Related Manuals for Kenwood EW7307K