This service manual provides a variety of service
It contains the mechanical structure of the Super
Multi DVD Drive and the electronic circuits in
schematic form. This Super Multi DVD Drive was
manufactured and assembled under our strict
quality control standards and meets or exceeds
industry specifications and standards.
This Super Multi DVD drive is an internal drive unit
designed for use with IBM PC, HP Vectra, or
compatible computer. It can write as much as 700
Mbytes of digital data into CD-R/RW disc, and can
GMA-4040B does not apply to the record function of DVD+R/+RW.
GRA-4040B does not apply to the record function of DVD-R/-RW/-RAM
GWA-4040B does not apply to the record function of DVD-RAM.
GDA-4040B does not apply to the record function of DVD+R/+RW and
1) Enhanced IDE (ATAPI) interface.
2) Internal Half-height Drive.
3) CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW/RAM/+R/+RW read and write compatible CD Family and DVD-ROM read
4) Buffer Under-run prevention function embedded.
5) 2MB buffer memory.
6) Power loading and power eject of a disc. Bare media loading.
7) MTBF : 100,000 POH
8) Vertical and Horizontal installable.
2. Supported disc formats
1) Reads data in each CD-ROM, CD-ROM XA, CD-I, Video CD, CD-Extra and CD-Text.
2) Reads data in Photo CD (Single and Multi session).
3) Reads standard CD-DA.
4) Reads and writes CD-R discs conforming to "Orange Book Part 2".
5) Reads and writes CD-RW discs conforming to "Orange Book Parts 3".
6) Reads data in each DVD-ROM, DVD-R(Ver.1.0, Ver.2.0 for Authoring) and DVD-RAM(Ver.1.0)
7) Reads and writes in each DVD-R(Ver.2.0 for General), DVD-RW, DVD-RAM(Ver.2.1), DVD+R and
GSA-4040B series *1)
read as much as 700 Mbytes of digital data stored
in a CD-ROM, CD-R and CD-RW disc.
It can write as much as 4.7Gbytes of digital data
into DVD+R/RW disc, and can read as much as
4.7Gbytes of digital data stored in a DVD-ROM,
DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R and DVD+RW disc.
This Super Multi DVD Drive can easily meet the
upcoming MPC level 3 specification, and its
Enhanced Intelligent Device Electronics (E-IDE)
and ATAPI interface allows Plug and play
integration in the majority of today's PCs without
the need of an additional interface card.