To reduce the risk of serious injury,
whenever you are instructed to relieve
pressure, follow the Pressure Relief
Procedure on page 9.
1. Turn the handle (45) to the closed position. Drive
out the pin (44). Remove the handle.
2. Remove the base (43).
3. Unscrew the drain valve (42). The gasket (42a)
and seat (42b) will stay in the valve.
Apply thread sealant
to face of base
Torque into pump
manifold to 185 in–lb
in closed position
1. Unscrew the spring retainer from the valve body.
Remove the spring, washers and stem/ball. Clean
any debris from the ball or seat area.
2. If replacing the gasket (42a) or seat (42b), pry out
NOTE: Whenever the gasket (42a) is removed, re-
place it with a new one.
3. Coat the o-ring (42d) with grease. Press the stem
into the valve body. Install the spring, washers and
spring retainer into the valve body.
4. Place the seat (42b) in the valve body so the
lapped side is toward the ball. Apply a small
amount of grease to the new gasket (42a) and
install it in the valve body.
NOTE: The gasket will protrude from the end of the
valve until the valve is tightened into pump, which
correctly seats the gasket.
1. Apply a small amount of thread sealant (42e) onto
the valve (42) threads. Tighten the valve into the
pump manifold to 185 in–lb (21 N.m).
2. Lightly grease the face of the base (43) and install
the base. Turn the stem so the pin hole is vertical.
3. Securely install the handle (45) and drive pin (44).