Object and Liquid Entry - Never push objects
of any kind into the product through any
openings as they may touch dangerous
voltage points or short-out parts that could
result in a ﬁre or electric shock. Never spill
liquid of any kind on the product.
Servicing - Do not attempt to service the
product yourself as opening or removing
covers may expose you to dangerous voltage
or other hazards.
qualiﬁed service personnel.
Damage Requiring Service - Unplug the
product from the wall outlet or car cigarette
lighter socket and refer servicing to qualiﬁed
service personnel under the following
When the power cord or plug is
If liquid has been spilled, or objects have
fallen into the product.
If the product has been exposed to rain
If the product does not operate normally
by following the operating instructions.
Adjust only those controls that are
covered by the operating instructions as
an improper adjustment of other controls
may result in damage and will often
require extensive work by a service
technician to restore the product to its
If the product has been dropped or
damaged in any way.
When the product exhibits a distinct
change in performance, this indicates a
need for service.
Replacement Parts - When replacement
parts are required, be sure the service
technician has used replacement parts
speciﬁed by the manufacturer or have the
same characteristics as the original part.
Unauthorized substitutions may result in ﬁre,
electric shock or other hazards.
MMP-401 IM.indd 5
Safety Check - Upon completion of any
service or repairs to the product, ask the
service technician to perform safety checks
to determine that the product is in proper
Heat - Do not install the product near any heat
sources such as radiators, heat registers,
stoves, or other products (including ampliﬁers)
that produce heat.
Refer all servicing to
Installation Location - Avoid placing the
product in areas of direct sunlight, heating
temperature, high humidity, excessive dust,
strong vibration, impact or strong magnetic
ﬁelds, as the internal parts may be seriously
Hazards of Electrical Shock and Fire - Do not
touch the power cord with wet hands. Hold
the plug when disconnecting the AC adaptor.
Do not pull the power cord. Unplug the AC
adaptor from the wall outlet or remove the
battery pack when the product is not used for
long periods of time.
Hearing Safety - Listen at a moderate volume.
Using headphones at high volume can impair
Trafﬁc Safety - Do not operate the product
while driving or cycling as you may cause an
When the product is in use for a long period
of time, the surface will be heated. This is
Sometimes, the LCD screen may have some
tiny red, blue, white or black spots. This is
normal and does not affect the performance.
03-08-2006 11:49:55 AM