• When filing a saw, pay close attention to:
HORIZONTAL FILE ANGLE
See «Technical Specifications» for the details which apply to your chain.
It is very difficult to file a chain saw correctly without the proper aids. We
recommend the use of a file guide to ensure maximum cutting efficiency
with the least tendency to kickback.
To file cutters correctly, a ROUND FILE and a FILE GUIDE are required. Look
under «Technical Specifications» for the correct file diameter and file guide for
your saw and chain.
• File only with the chain properly tensioned. A loose chain wiggles,
making it difficult to file.
• Always file from the inside of each cutter towards the outside.
Lift the file on the return stroke.
• File the cutters on one side first. Then turn the saw around and file the
cutters on the other side.
• Make certain that all cutters are of equal length. When the horizontal length
is down to 3 mm (1/8"), the chain is worn out and must be discarded.
min. 3 mm