MOUNTING GUIDE BAR AND ADJUSTING CHAIN
Always wear gloves when handling chain.
A loose chain can jump out of its groove during operation and cause serious or even
1. Pull kickback guard back against the front handle to ensure that the chain
brake is not applied.
2. Screw out the guide bar nut and remove the chain drive cover.
3. Fit the chain around guide bar nose with the top cutters facing forwards.
4. Holding the chain over the guide bar nose, position the back end of the guide
bar against the drive sprocket at a 45° angle to the power head. Pass the
free end of the chain around the drive sprocket, swing the guide bar into
place over the mounting bolt and against the power head, and guide the
chain into the guide bar groove.
5. Seat the guide bar tensioner pin in its hole in the guide bar.
6. Replace the chain drive cover and screw the mounting nut hand tight.