primary hard-drive assembly
Secondary Hard Drive
secondary hard-drive assembly
7. Remove the two screws (one on each side) that secure the hard-drive brackets to the hard-drive.
8. Remove the hard-drive brackets off the hard drive.
9. If removing the hard drive changes the drive configuration, ensure that you reflect these changes in the system setup (see
Replacing the Hard Drive
1. Follow the instructions in
2. Check the documentation that shipped with the hard drive to verify that it is configured for your computer.
3. Place the hard-drive brackets in position.
4. Replace the two screws (one on each side) that secure the hard-drive brackets to the hard drive.
5. Slide the hard-drive assembly into the hard-drive bay.
6. Replace the two screws that secure the hard-drive assembly to the drive panel.
7. If you are replacing the primary hard-drive, connect the power and data cables to the primary hard drive.