Do not use a breakable bar.
A broken bar inside the CD-ROM
Drive may cause a malfunction.
A commercially available "Laser Lens Cleaning Disc" may be used to clean up the
pick-up lens of the CD-ROM Drive.
Use the Compact Disc Laser Lens Cleaner LLC-1. (by AUDIO SOURCE in U.S.A.,
by AKUSTIK SISTEME VERTRIEBS GHBH in GERMANY and by SAEC
COMMERCE CO.,LTD. in JAPAN.)
(1) Turn on the CD-ROM Drive.
(2) Using the small brush supplied with the cleaning disc case, straighten up
the disc cleaning brushes on the back of the cleaning disc.
(3) Place the cleaning disc in the Disc Tray with its arrow marked on the disc at
(4) Press the OPEN/CLOSE button or push the center of the Disc Tray lightly
and close the Disc Tray.
(5) In about 20 seconds, the pick-up lens is cleaned by the cleaning disc.
(6) Press the OPEN/CLOSE button and remove the cleaning disc.
(7) Set the cleaning disc in its case with the disc cleaning brushes in the pad
(8) Restart the SYSTEM.
- If your CD-ROM Drive does not operate properly, check the following table.
- You may have to check the other devices included in your SYSTEM.
- If you can not locate the cause, turn off the power of the SYSTEM including the
CD-ROM Drive and unplug the power supply cable of the SYSTEM from the
wall outlet immediately and contact your dealer.
- When calling for service, provide the following information :
1. Model name
2. Detailed symptoms
Minimum straight length = 30 mm
Diameter = 1 - 1.8 mm