▼1–3: Menu Command
• 0: Write Global Setting ☞p.251
• 1: Dump Program ☞p.253
• 2: Dump Combination ☞p.253
• 3: Dump Drum Kit ☞p.253
• 4: Dump Arpeggio Pattern ☞p.253
• 5: Dump Global Setting ☞p.253
• 6: Dump Sequencer ☞p.253
• 7: Dump Drum Track Pattern ☞p.253
• 8: Reset External Setup ☞p.254
• 9: Rename External Setup ☞p.254
For more information, please see "Global: Menu Command"
on page 251.
Global P1: MIDI 1–3: External Mode 1
Using external setup
Note: Before you continue, adjust your settings so that the
M50 can send MIDI data to your computer application or
1. Press a MODE PROG switch (the LED will light).
We've selected Program mode as an example here, but you
are free to select Combination or Sequencer mode if you
2. Press the control surface EXTERNAL switch, and EXT
1–4 or 5–8 selected.
3. Access the Prog P0: Play– Control Surface page.
This page shows and reﬂects the data of the control surface.
It's a convenient place for you to adjust the sound, since you
can view the parameter assignments and see the precise
Note: Control via the control surface is active regardless of
the page shown in the display.
4. Choose "Setup (Setup Select)", and select the external
setup that you want to use.
The set list is shown in the lower portion of the page,
showing the functions that are currently assigned to the
switches and sliders.
5. When you operate the control surface knobs 1–4, MIDI
control change (CC#) messages will be transmitted on
the assigned MIDI channel.
Note: The M50's keyboard and other controllers will operate
6. Use "Program Select" to switch programs.
7. Press the CONTROL ASSIGN EXTERNAL switch and
operate the knobs.
You can use external mode without losing the settings
Changing programs in Program mode or switching to
Combination mode etc. will not affect the control set. This
means you can select another sound on the M50 without
changing the way you're controlling an external MIDI
device, or conversely, you can change the way you're
controlling an external MIDI device without switching
sounds on the M50.