PROG P0: Play
This is the main Program mode page. Here, you can:
• Select patterns and programs for the Drum Track
• Adjust the oscillator and drum track levels.
• Make simple edits for the Arpeggiator
• Use the Tone Adjust function to make simple edits for
• Check the control surface content, and operate it.
All MIDI data in Prog P0: Play is transmitted and
received on the global MIDI channel MIDI Channel
Tip: Auto Song Setup
The Auto Song Setup feature copies the current Program or
Combination into a Song, and then puts the M50 in record-
If inspiration for a phrase or song strikes you while you're
playing, you can use Auto Song Setup to start recording
immediately. For more information, please see "Tip: Auto
Song Setup" on page 126.
0–1a: Program Select
Bank (Bank Select)
This is the Bank containing the current Program.
Press the PROG BANK A–GM switch to select a bank.
Pressing the PROG BANK GM switch steps through the
variation banks in the following order:
GM → g(1) → g(2)...g(8) → g(9) → g(d) → GM...
GM2 capital programs
GM2 variation programs*
GM2 drums programs
• Banks A–E each contain 128 rewritable programs (a total
of 640). Non-rewritable banks are organized as follows:
GM contains GM2 capital programs, g(1)–g(9) contain
GM2 variation programs, and g(d) contain GM2 drum
• The GM basic sounds will be selected for banks for
which there is no variation sound. (An "*" is displayed
at the beginning of the program name.)
[A...E, GM, g(1)...g(9), g(d)]
For details on the factory Programs, please see the "Voice
Name List" (PDF).
Program Select Popup
[A...E: 0...127, GM, g(1)...g(9),
Here you can select a program.
To switch programs
• Choose Program Select , use the numeric keys 0–9 to
enter a program number, and press the ENTER switch.
• Choose Program Select , and turn the VALUE dial or use
the q /u switches.
Note: You cannot use the Value slider to select programs
while in the P0: Play page; instead, the VALUE slider
operates as a program modulation source.
• From the Bank/Program Select menu, view and select
programs by bank.
• From the Category/Program Select menu, view and
select programs by category.
• You can use a foot switch to select programs. (see "Foot
Switch Assign" on page 228 and "List of Foot Switch
assignments" on page 384)
• You can select programs by transmitting a MIDI
Program Change from a connected external MIDI
Bank/Program Select menu:
1. Press the popup button at the left of Program Select to
open the Bank/Program Select menu.
2. Press one of the tabs on the left or right to select a spe-
The Variation button is active if Bank GM is selected;
pressing it will switch the banks in the following order:
3. From the list, You can touch a Program's name directly,
or use the Inc q and Dec u switches.
Use the scroll bar to view information not currently shown.
4. Press the OK button to conﬁrm your choice, or press the
Cancel button to exit without switching Programs.
Bank/Program Select menu