See appropriate section in manual unless directed to an authorized service center/department.
Does not start
1. Fuel shut-off valve (if so equipped)
2. Safety ignition key is not inserted.
3. Out of fuel.
4. Throttle in STOP position (or ON/
5. Choke in OFF position.
6. Primer not depressed.
7. Engine is flooded.
8. Spark plug wire is disconnected.
9. Bad spark plug.
10. Stale fuel.
11. Water in fuel.
Loss of power
1. Spark plug wire loose.
2. Throwing too much snow.
3. Fuel tank cap is covered with ice or
4. Dirty or clogged muffler.
Engine idles or
1. Choke is in FULL position.
2. Blockage in fuel line.
3. Stale fuel.
4. Water in fuel.
5. Carburetor is in need of adjustment
1. Loose parts or damaged augers or
Recoil starter is
1. Frozen recoil starter.
hard to pull
Loss of traction
1. Drive belt is worn.
drive / slowing of
2. Drive belt is off of pulley.
3. Friction drive wheel is worn.
4. Excessive snow and ice build up in
Loss of snow
1. Auger belt is off of pulley.
2. Auger belt is worn.
slowing of snow
3. Clogged discharge chute.
4. Augers / impeller jammed.
in OFF position.
OFF switch is OFF).
between track components.
1. Turn fuel shut-off valve to OPEN position.
2. Insert safety ignition key.
3. Fill fuel tank with fresh, clean gasoline.
4. Move throttle to FAST position (or ON/OFF switch to ON position).
5. Move to FULL position.
6. Prime as instructed in the Operation section of this manual.
7. Wait a few minutes before restarting, DO NOT prime.
8. Connect wire to spark plug.
9. Replace spark plug.
10. Empty fuel tank & carburetor, refill with fresh, clean gasoline.
11. Empty fuel tank & carburetor, refill with fresh, clean gasoline.
1. Reconnect spark plug wire.
2. Reduce speed and width of swath.
3. Remove ice and snow on and around fuel tank cap.
4. Clean or replace muffler.
1. Move choke to OFF position.
2. Clean fuel line.
3. Empty fuel tank & carburetor, refill with fresh, clean gasoline.
4. Empty fuel tank & carburetor, refill with fresh, clean gasoline.
5. Contact an authorized service center/department.
1. Tighten all fasteners. Replace damaged parts. If vibration
remains, contact an authorized service center/department.
1. See "IF RECOIL STARTER HAS FROZEN" in the Operation
section of this manual.
1. Check / replace drive belt.
2. Check / reinstall drive belt.
3. Contact an authorized service center/department.
4. Remove snow and ice build up from in between track compo-
1. Check / reinstall auger belt.
2. Check / replace auger belt.
3. Clean snow chute.
4. Remove debris or foreign object from augers / impeller.