• Try to load to the maximum capacity of the
machine as small loads are uneconomical.
For information, here is a list of the average
weights of some common laundry items.
Towelling hand towel
• Never tumble dry the following:
Particularly delicate items such as net curtains,
woollen, silk, fabrics with metal trim, nylon tights,
bulky materials such as anoraks, blankets,
eiderdowns, sleeping bags, feather quilts and any
items containing rubber foam or materials similar
to rubber foam.
• Always follow the instructions on garment labels:
may be tumble dried
normal drying (high temperature)
delicate drying (low temperature)
do not tumble dry
• Close pillowcases and covers with fasteners to
prevent small laundry items getting tangled inside
them. Close press studs, zips and hooks and tie
belts and apron strings.
• Sort laundry according to type and degree of
• Do not over-dry laundry, this avoids creasing and
• Avoid drying dark clothes with light coloured fluffy
items such as towels as they could attract the
• The laundry must be thoroughly spun before
700 - 1000 g
• Easy-care items, too, e.g. shirts, should be
briefly pre-spun before drying (depending on
400 - 500 g
crease resistance approx. 30 seconds or using the
special brief spin programme of your washing
70 - 120 g
• Knitted textiles (knitted underwear) may shrink a
50 - 100 g
little during drying. Please do not overdry items of
this type. It is advisable to allow for shrinkage
150 - 250 g
when choosing the size of new purchases.
• You can also put starched items into your dryer.
1000 - 1500 g
However, to achieve the desired starched effect,
choose the programme "iron dry". To remove any
200 - 300 g
starch residues, wipe out the internal drum after
drying with a moist cloth and then rub it dry.
100 - 200 g
• To avoid a static charge when drying is
completed, use either a fabric softener when you
400 - 500 g
are washing the laundry or a fabric conditioner
specifically for tumble dryers.
200 - 250 g
• Remove the laundry when the dryer has finished
• If individual items are still damp after drying, set a
brief post-drying time, but at least 30 minutes.
This will be necessary particularly for multilayered
items (e.g. collars, pockets, etc.).