The safety aspects of this appliance comply with accepted technical
standards and the German Appliance Safety Law. However, as manu-
facturers we also believe it is our responsibility to familiarise you with
the following safety instructions.
• The new appliance must only be installed and connected by a regis-
• Repairs to the appliance are only to be carried out by approved ser-
vice engineers. Repairs carried out by inexperienced persons may
cause injury or serious malfunctioning. If your appliance needs re-
pairing, please contact your local AEG Service Force Centre.
Please follow these instructions, otherwise the warranty is void in the
event of damages.
• Flush-mounted appliances may only be operated after being in-
stalled in suitable installation cabinets and workplaces which con-
form to the relevant standards. This ensures sufficient protection
against contact for electrical units as required by the VDE [Associa-
tion of German Electrical Engineers].
• If a fault occurs in the appliance:
– switch off all the hotplates,
– switch off or remove the fuse for the hob.
The hotplates become hot as you are cooking and frying. Therefore,
always keep small children away from the appliance.
Safety whilst using
• This appliance may only be used for cooking and frying food in the
• Do not use the hob for heating the room.
• Take care when connecting electric appliances to sockets nearby.
Do not allow connecting leads to come into contact with hotplates
when they are hot.
• Overheated fats and oils catch fire quickly. You should supervise
cooking when preparing foods in fat or oil (e.g. chips).
• Switch the hotplates off after each use.