Replacing the fuse
The fuse is in the electrical box 1.
To replace the fuse:
1. Remove the cap 2, pull out the red lead,
and bring the fuse holder 3 out of the
2. Open the fuse holder and replace the
fuse 4 with one of the correct amper-
Fuse amperage: 10 A
Do not use fuses of higher amperage that
those recommended. Substitution of a
fuse of improper rating can cause exten-
sive electrical system damage and possi-
Adjusting the steering friction
The amount of friction in the steering can
be adjusted to suit operator preference.
To adjust the friction:
1. Loosen the four screws, and then
remove the handlebar cover.
2. Turn the handlebars as far as possible to
3. Loosen the locknut 2.
4. Tighten or loosen the adjusting nut 1
until the desired amount of friction is
5. Hold the adjusting nut with one wrench
while tightening the locknut with another
29 N·m (2.9 kgf·m, 21 ft·lb)