To reduce the risk of fire or explosion:
Never pour or spray gasoline, or any sub-
stance other than a rust inhibitor through
the hole in the carburetor silencer cover.
Make sure to replace the cap securely
after fogging the engine, otherwise
water could enter the engine and
Do not attempt to run the engine at full
throttle or for more than 15 seconds
while the watercraft is out of the water,
otherwise the engine may overheat
1. Open the silencer cap 1 on the silencer.
2. Start the engine with the watercraft in a
3. With the engine running at a fast idle,
quickly spray as much rust inhibitor as
possible through the hole in the silencer
cover. Use Yamaha Stor-Rite Fogging Oil
or an equivalent. Keep spraying until the
4. Install the cap securely.
5. Lubricate all cables such as the throttle,
choke, and steering cables.
Use a Yamaha Power Cable Luber and
Yamaha Lube-Zall to pressure lubricate the
cables and purge out any moisture between
the inner and outer cables.
6. Lubricate the areas of the watercraft
specified under Lubrication points on