Boarding and starting in shallow
Be sure to learn the deep-water starting
method before operating the watercraft in
water where it is too deep for you to stand.
Do not try to start the watercraft in water
less than 60 cm (2 ft) deep.
1. Launch the watercraft into water.
2. Attach the engine shut-off cord to your
wrist. Attach the clip to the engine
3. Grip the handlebars with both hands.
Place one knee on the riding tray and
4. Start the engine and begin to accelerate.
5. Pull your other knee up onto the riding
tray as the watercraft speed increases.
6. Move as far forward as possible without
interfering with the movement of the han-
dlebars. Keep your body perpendicular
to the water, with your weight forward
The watercraft will become easier to bal-
ance as the speed increases, because jet
thrust provides stability as well as directional