L5Atoshing.fh11 6/7/05 2:53 PM Page 25
Help and service tips
The TV does not work
Make sure it is plugged into the mains supply
and switched on.
• Is the aerial plugged in?
• If you are using a set top aerial is it properly
aligned for the best signal.
• Make sure the aerial is not to close to neon
lights, loudspeakers etc.
• Try changing the direction of the outdoor
aerial. High buildings and mountains can
cause ghost pictures or double images.
• The picture quality may be reduced by
connecting two external sources at once.
Disconnect one of the sources.
• Adjust the fine tuning.
• Is the aerial plugged in properly?
• Is the aerial lead damaged?
• Are all the plugs in the aerial lead fitted
• Have you pressed the correct buttons on the
• Is the sound muted? Press the Mute button.
• Is the volume turned down?
• Are there headphones connected?
Sound coming from only one
• Is the balance set to one side? See the sound
No response to the remote control
• Try changing the batteries.
• Is there an obstruction between the
If nothing works
If you have tried the above solutions and none
seem to work, try switching the unit off and on
If this does not work contact your supplier or TV
repair technician. Never attempt to repair a
defective TV yourself.
No picture, no sound
Poor sound, picture OK
Poor Picture, sound OK
Lines in picture
Weak reception on some channels
Picture rolls vertically
Remote control not working
TV does not accept any command
Teletext rolling up/down
remote control and the sensor on the