14. REMOVE ADJUSTING KEYS AND WRENCHES. Form habit of checking t o
see that keys and adjusting wrenches are removed from tool before turning
15. AVOID UNINTENTIONAL STARTING. Don't carry tool with finger on switch.
Be sure switch is OFF when plugging in.
16. EXTENSION CORDS. Make sure your extension cord is in good condition.
When using an extension cord, be sure t o use one heavy enough t o carry
the current your product will draw. A n undersized cord will cause a drop
in line voltage resulting in loss of power and overheating. Table
correct size t o use depending on cord length and nameplate ampere rating.
If in doubt, use the next heavier gage. The smaller the gage number, the
heavier the cord.
Total Length of Cord in Feet
17. OUTDOOR USE EXTENSION CORDS. When tool is used outdoors, use only
extension cords intended for use outdoors and so marked.
18. STAY ALERT. Watch what you are doing, use common sense. Don't operate
tool when you are tired.
19. CHECK DAMAGED PARTS. Before further use of the tool, a guard or other
part that is damaged should be carefully checked t o determine that it will
operate properly and perform its intended function. Check for alignment of
moving parts, binding of moving parts, breakage of parts, mounting, and any
other conditions that may affect its operation. A guard or other part that
is damaged should be properly repaired or replaced by an authorized serv-
ice center unless otherwise indicated elsewhere in this instruction manual.
Have defective switches replaced
authorized service center. Don't use
tool if switch does not turn it on and off.
GUARD AGAINST ELECTRIC SHOCK. Prevent body contact w i t h grounded
surfaces. For example; pipes, radiators, ranges, refrigerator enclosures.
21. REPLACEMENT PARTS. When servicing, use only identical replacement parts.
22. POLARIZED PLUGS. To reduce the risk of electric shock, this equipment has
a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). This plug will fit in a
polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet,
reverse the plug. If
still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician t o install
the proper outlet. Do not change the plug in any way.