(For All Tools)
WHEN USING ELECTRIC TOOLS, BASIC SAFETY
PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED TO REDUCE
THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, AND PERSONAL
INJURY, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS.
1. KEEP WORK AREA CLEAN. Cluttered areas and benches invite injuries.
2. CONSIDER WORK AREA ENVIRONMENT. Don't use power tools in damp
or wet locations. Keep work area well lit. Don't expose power tools t o rain.
Don't use tool in presence of flammable liquids or gases.
KEEP CHILDREN AWAY. All visitors should be kept away from work area.
Don't let visitors contact tool or extension cord.
4. STORE IDLE TOOLS. When not in use, tools should be stored in dry, and high
or locked-up place
out of reach of children.
DON'T FORCE TOOL. It
do the job better and safer at the rate for which
it was intended.
USE RIGHT TOOL. Don't force small tool or attachment t o do the job of a
heavy-duty tool. Don't use tool for purpose not intended; for example, don't
use circular saw for cutting tree limbs or logs.
7. DRESS PROPERLY. Don't wear loose clothing or jewelry. They can be caught
in moving parts. Rubber gloves and non-skid footwear are recommended
when working outdoors. Wear protective hair covering t o contain long hair.
8. USE SAFETY GLASSES. Also use face or dust mask if cutting operation is
DON'T ABUSE CORD. Never carry tool by cord or yank it t o disconnect from
receptacle. Keep cord from heat, oil, and sharp edges.
SECURE WORK. Use clamps or a vise t o hold work. It's safer than using
your hand and it frees both hands t o operate tool.
11. DON'T OVERREACH. Keep proper footing and balance at all times.
MAINTAIN TOOLS WITH CARE. Keep tools sharp and clean for better and
safer performance. Follow instructions for lubricating and changing acces-
sories. Inspect tool cords periodically and if damaged, have repaired by autho-
rized service facility. Inspect extension cords periodically and replace if
damaged. Keep handles dry, clean, and free from oil and grease.
13. DISCONNECT TOOLS. When not in use, before servicing, and when chang-
ing accessories, such as blades, bits, cutters.