MODELS: WD-60C10 / WD-65C10 / WD-73C10 / WD-60638 / WD-65638 / WD-73638 /
WD-60738 / WD-65738 / WD-73738 / WD-82738 / WD-65838 / WD-73838 / WD-82838
CAUTION: This procedure should be performed in a dust free environment.
Any dust entering into the color wheel compartment can cause abnormalities in the picture.
1. Remove the Optical Engine Assembly.
2. Remove the Lens Collar and cover the projection lens to protect it from scratches. See previous page.
3. Disconnect the 2 connectors, J6 & J7, from the front side of the Light Engine. Note the orientation of the
ribbon cable for re-assembly (Silver Contacts towards the Lens).
4. Access the Color Wheel Compartment from the bottom of the Optical Engine
5. Remove 2 screws (A) and lift the cover off of the color wheel compartment.
6. Remove the 3 screws (B) from the Color Wheel Assembly.
7. Use the metal Handle to lift the Color Wheel from the compartment.
8. For installation, reverse the procedure above.
CAUTION: Avoid touching or scratching the Color Wheel.
9. After re-assembly, perform the Index Delay Adjustment described in the Service Adjustments section.
IMPORTANT: To prevent damage in return shipping, pack the original color wheel the same way the
replacement part was sent to you.
COLOR WHEEL REPLACEMENT
Color Wheel Compartment
J6 & J7
(Opposite Side of Formatter PWB)