Timer Recording Troubleshooting
Even though the timer is set, the unit will not record when:
– There is no disc (or tape) loaded.
– A non-recordable disc (or tape) is loaded.
– [Disc Protect] option is set to [ON] in the Setup menu (see page 18).
– The unit is in operating (recording, deleting etc.).
– There are already 99 titles (DVD-RW, DVD-R), 49 titles (DVD+R,
DVD+RW) recorded on the disc.
You cannot enter a timer program when:
– A recording is already underway.
– The time you're trying to set has already passed.
– There are already 16 timer programs set.
If two or more timer programs overlap:
– The earlier program takes priority.
– When the earlier program finishes, the later program starts.
– If two programs are set to start at exactly the same time, the program
entered first takes priority.
Recording From an external inputs
You can record from an external component, such as a camcorder or VCR,
connected to any of the recorder's external inputs.
Each press of the AV/INPUT changes the input source as described below.
Make sure that the component you want to record from is connected properly to
the unit before recording an external source.
Tuner: Built-in tuner
AV1: AV1 scart jack mounted on back panel
AV2: AV2 DECODER scart jack mounted on back panel
AV3: AV IN 3 (VIDEO, AUDIO (L/R)) mounted on the front panel
Editing a title
Using the Title list menu, you can edit video contents.
1 Displays a [Title List] menu:
2 Selects a title you want to edit:
3 Displays an editing menu:
The options are differ depending on the media type.
4 Selects a menu option:
5 Exit the [Title List] menu:
Editing a title - more you can do
About title list menu
Press DISC MENU/LIST to display the Title List menu. Playback should be
stopped when you do this. You can also access it using HOME menu, select
[MOVIE] option then select [DISC] option and press ENTER. If you are editing a
VR mode disc, press DISC MENU/LIST to switch between Original and Playlist
a Current media
b Indicates the record mode, free space, and elapsed time progress bar.
c Menu options: To display menu option, select a title or chapter then press
ENTER. The options displayed differ depending on the disc type.
d Currently selected title.
f Shows the title name, recorded date, and recording length.
v v V V b b B B
v v V V b b B B ,