Removing the drive
Windows XP Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems have
the native drivers for USB DVD burner. When the drive is connected,
Windows will automatically install the appropriate driver and the drive
will be ready for use. You do not have to perform any special installation
or removal procedures. However, to avoid any data error, it is
recommended that you remove the drive from your system by performing
the following procedure.
1. Exit the program that uses the drive.
2. Make sure that the LED indicator of the drive is oﬀ.
3. Click the Safely Remove Hardware icon on the system tray.
4. Select the drive name to remove. The Safe to Remove Hardware
conﬁrmation window opens.
Note: The conﬁrmation window message indicated above may
diﬀer depending on the versions of your operating system.
Refer to the instruction manual of your computer or
operating system for details.
5. Click OK. The drive is safely removed from the system.
Remove the USB data cable from the USB connector of the
Push the USB data cable into the collecting cabin slowly.
Chapter 2. Installing and Using the Lenovo USB Portable DVD Burner 9