DVD video player
TV back view
COMPONENT VIDEO INPUT
• Before connecting any external equipment, turn
off all main power switches.
• The unauthorized recording of TV programmes,
DVDs, video tapes and other materials may
infringe upon the provisions of copyright law.
• The COMPONENT VIDEO INPUT consists of
three component video signals (Y, P
) and provides the best picture performance.
These terminals can only be used with the
component video compatible equipment e.g.
DVD video player, etc.
• Additional equipment and cables shown are not
supplied with this TV.
Connecting HDMI or DVI devices
• When turning on your electronic components,
turn on the TV first, and then the HDMI and DVI
• When turning off your electronic components,
turn off the HDMI and DVI device first, and then
• This TV may not be compatible with features
and/or specifications that may be added in the
Connecting your TV
Set Top Box
( AUDIO )
• This TV is only operable with L-PCM on
32/44.1/48 kHz and 16/20/24 bits. If there is
no sound when using HDMI, use the analogue
audio cables to connect the TV and the HDMI
device, and select Analogue in HDMI 1 Audio
of the AV Connection menu.
• This TV is able to connect with HDMI devices.
But it is possible that some HDMI devices may
not operate properly with this TV.
Connecting an HDMI or a DVI device
The HDMI input on your TV receives digital audio
and uncompressed digital video from an HDMI
device and uncompressed digital video from a
This input is designed to accept HDCP
programme material in digital from CEA-861-D
compliant consumer electronic devices (such as
a set top box and DVD player with HDMI and DVI
The HDMI input is designed for best performance
with 1080i (50 Hz/60 Hz) and 1080p (24/50/60
Hz) high-definition video signals, but will also
accept and display 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, and
720p (50Hz/60 Hz (60 Hz: except for E-EDID))
and VGA (VESA 640 × 480 @ 60/72/75 Hz)
• HDMI: High-Definition Multimedia Interface
• DVI: Digital Video Interface
• HDCP: High-bandwidth Digital Content
• CEA-861-D compliance covers the
transmission of uncompressed digital video
with high-bandwidth digital content protection,
which is being standardized for reception of
high-definition video signals. Because this is
an evolving technology, it is possible that some
devices may not operate properly with the TV.
• E-EDID: Enhanced-Extended Display
• Acceptable PC signal format:
S-VGA: VESA 800 5 600 @ 56/60/72/75 Hz
XGA: VESA 1024 5 768 @ 60/70/75 Hz
W-XGA: VESA 1280 5 768 @ 60/75 Hz
W-XGA: VESA 1360 5 768 @ 60 Hz
S-XGA: VESA 1280 5 1024 @ 60/75 Hz
However, these signal formats are converted to
match the number of pixels of the LCD panel.
Therefore, the TV may not display small text
If you connect this unit to your PC, the
compressed image is displayed in S-XGA mode,
therefore the picture quality may deteriorate and
characters may not be read.
• L-PCM: Linear-Pulse Code Modulation