ClEANING AND MAINTENANCE
Before using your icemaker, it is strongly recommended that you clean the
icemaker thoroughly. Be sure to clean the icemaker regularly.
1. When cleaning, please make sure the power has been turned off and the
plug is disconnected from the outlet. When plugging or unplugging the unit
from the outlet, pull directly on the plug. Never pull on the power cord.
2. Remove the ice storage basket.
3. Drain remaining water from unit. Remove the cap, then the
rubber plug from the spout. When assembling back together,
the rubber plug must be inserted first into the spout, and then
capped. Otherwise, the icemaker will leak.
4. Use a mild detergent diluted in warm water and wipe with a soft
towel or sponge.
Solvents, detergents and abrasives must never be
used for cleaning.
5. Wipe the inner parts, such as the ice storage basket,
water reservoir, water box, ice pusher, and evaporator rods.
6. The outside of the icemaker should be cleaned regularly with a
mild detergent solution, warm water, and a soft cloth.
7. Dry the interior and exterior with a soft cloth.
8. To begin making ice once the unit has been cleaned, pour clean water into
the water reservoir and fill up to the level line follow operating instructions.
Never tilt or place the icemaker on its side, otherwise you must wait
10 hours for compressor coolant to settle.
9. To ensure the cleanliness of the ice cubes, the water in the water storage tank
should be replaced every 24 hours.
10. When the machine is not in use or will not be used for an
extended period of time, unscrew the drain cap, then remove the rubber
plug behind the unit to empty the remaining water in the water reservoir
completely. (Follow the instructions in number 4 above.)