32 - Recovery
Reset your PC from the recovery backup
Reset your PC will erase all files on your hard drive.
1. The Reset your PC window opens.
Images for reference only.
2. Click Next.
3. Select the operating system to recover (normally only one option is
4. Choose to keep any changes to the hard drive:
a. If you have deleted the recovery partition or otherwise changed
the partitions on the hard drive and want to keep these changes,
b. To completely restore your computer to Factory Settings, select
5. Choose how to erase your files:
a. Just remove my files quickly erases all files before restoring
your computer and takes about 30 minutes.
b. Fully clean the drive completely cleans the drive after each file is
erased, so no files can be viewed after the recovery. Cleaning the
drive takes much longer, up to 5 hours, but is much more secure
as old files are completely removed.
6. Click Reset.
7. After the recovery has finished, you can start using your computer
by repeating the first-start process.