GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE MEDIAMASTER
Throughout this manual you will notice that the everyday operation
of your Mediamaster is based on a series of user friendly on-screen
displays and menus. These menus will help you get the most from
your Mediamaster, guiding you through installation, channel selec-
tion, viewing and many other functions.
All functions can be carried out using the buttons on the remote
control, and some of the functions can also be carried out using the
buttons on the front panel.
Please be aware that new software may change the functionality of
Should you experience any difficulties with the operation of your
Mediamaster, please consult the relevant section of this manual, in-
cluding the Problem Solving, or alternatively call your dealer or a cus-
tomer service adviser.
IMPORTANT! Read this before using the Mediamaster!
• Allow 10 cm space around the Mediamaster for sufficient ventilation.
• Do not cover the Mediamaster's ventilation openings with items such as news-
papers, table-cloths, curtains etc.
• Do not place the Mediamaster on top of a unit that emits heat.
• Do not place naked flame sources, such as lighted candles, on the Mediamaster.
• Use a soft cloth and a mild solution of washing-up liquid to clean the casing.
• Do not expose the Mediamaster to dripping or splashing liquids.
• Do not place any objects filled with liquids, such as vases, on the Mediamaster.
• To give your Mediamaster an extra protection, e.g. at a thunderstorm, we rec-
ommend that you connect it via an external surge protection device.
• Do not connect or modify cables when the Mediamaster is plugged in.
• Do not remove the cover.
• Do not allow the unit to be exposed to hot, cold or humid conditions.
• Service should be carried out only at a Nokia Authorised Service Centre.
• Please note that the only way to isolate the Mediamaster completely from the
mains supply is to unplug the mains cable!