CLEANING AND STORAGE
If your machine is to be stored for 60 days or
more, some preventive measures must be
taken to avoid deterioration. After cleaning the
machine thoroughly, prepare it for storage as
1. Drain the fuel tank, fuel lines, and the car-
buretor float bowl.
2. Remove the spark plug, pour a table-
spoon of SAE 10W-30 motor oil in the
spark plug hole, and reinstall the plug.
With the engine stop switch pushed in,
kick the engine over several times to coat
the cylinder walls with oil.
3. Remove the drive chain, clean it thor-
oughly with solvent, and lubricate it. Rein-
stall the chain or store it in a plastic bag
tied to the frame.
4. Lubricate all control cables.
5. Block the frame up to raise the wheels off
6. Tie a plastic bag over the exhaust pipe
outlet to prevent moisture from entering.
7. If the machine is to be stored in a humid
or salt-air environment, coat all exposed
metal surfaces with a film of light oil. Do
not apply oil to rubber parts or the seat
Make any necessary repairs before the
machine is stored.
1 - 19