General safety instructions
The machine is solely designed for drilling in
Never use the machine if you are tired, if you
have consumed alcohol, or if you are taking
medicines that can affect your sight, your
judgement or the control of your body.
Use personal protective equipment. See the
section "Personal protective equipment".
Never use a machine that has been modified so
that it no longer corresponds with the original
Never use a machine that is faulty. Follow the
maintenance, control and service instructions in
this Operator's Manual.
Some maintenance and service actions should
be carried out by trained and qualified
specialists. See the chapter "Maintenance" .
• The gearbox and clutch drum must be fitted before the
machine is started, otherwise the clutch can become loose
and cause personal injury.
• Never start the machine indoors. Bear in mind the dangers
of inhaling the engine's exhaust fumes.
• Check your surroundings and make sure that there is no
risk of people or animals coming into contact with the
• Place the machine on the
ice. Press the body of the
machine against the ice
using your left hand
(NOTE! Do not use your
foot). Grip the starter
handle with your right
hand and pull the starter
• Never fill the machine while the engine is running. Always
stop the engine and let it cool for a few minutes before
• Provide good ventilation when filling or mixing fuel (petrol
and 2-stroke oil).
• Move the machine at least 3 m from the filling position
• Never start the machine:
a) If you have spilt fuel on it. Wipe up all spillage.
b) If you have spilt fuel on yourself or your clothes. Change
c) If there is a fuel leak. Make regular checks for leakage from
the fuel cap and the fuel supply pipes.
Transport and storage
• Store and transport the machine and fuel so that any
leakage or fumes do not risk coming into contact with
sparks or naked flames. For example, electric machines,
electric motors, electrical switches/power switches, heaters
or the like.
• When storing and transporting fuel, approved containers
intended for this purpose must be used.
• When storing the machine for long periods the fuel tank
must be emptied. Contact your local petrol station to find
out how to dispose of excess fuel.
• The transport guard for the cutting attachment must always
be fitted when the machine is transported or stored.
Exercise great care when handling fuel.
Bear in mind the risk of fire, explosions
and inhaling fumes.