This Quick user manual contains all the basic facts of your new product and is easy to use. Electrolux
wants to lower our paper consumption related to user manuals by some 30%, which will help spare
12,000 trees every year. The Quick user manual is one of many steps taken by Electrolux for the
environment. It may be a small step, but just by doing a little you do a lot.
A complete user manual can be found at www.electrolux.com
In the interest of your safety and to ensure the cor-
rect use, before installing and first using the appli-
ance, read this user manual carefully, including its
hints and warnings. To avoid unnecessary mis-
takes and accidents, it is important to ensure that
all people using the appliance are thoroughly fa-
miliar with its operation and safety features. Save
these instructions and make sure that they remain
with the appliance if it is moved or sold, so that
everyone using it through its life will be properly in-
formed on appliance use and safety.
For the safety of life and property keep the pre-
cautions of these user's instructions as the man-
ufacturer is not responsible for damages caused
Children and vulnerable people safety
• This appliance is not intended for use by per-
sons (including children) with reduced physical,
sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of expe-
rience and knowledge, unless they have been
given supervision or instruction concerning use
of the appliance by a person responsible for their
Children should be supervised to ensure that
they do not play with the appliance.
• Keep all packaging well away from children.
There is risk of suffocation.
• If you are discarding the appliance pull the plug
out of the socket, cut the connection cable (as
close to the appliance as you can) and remove
the door to prevent playing children to suffer
electric shock or to close themselves into it.
• If this appliance featuring magnetic door seals is
to replace an older appliance having a spring
lock (latch) on the door or lid, be sure to make
that spring lock unusable before you discard the
old appliance. This will prevent it from becoming
a death trap for a child.
Caution! Keep ventilation openings clear of
• The appliance is designed exclusively for do-
• The appliance is intended for keeping foodstuff
and/or beverages in a normal household as ex-
plained in this instruction booklet.
• Do not use a mechanical device or any artificial
means to speed up the thawing process.
1) If the lamp cover is foreseen
• Do not use other electrical appliances (such as
ice cream makers) inside of refrigerating appli-
ances, unless they are approved for this pur-
pose by the manufacturer.
• Do not damage the refrigerant circuit.
• The refrigerant isobutane (R600a) is contained
within the refrigerant circuit of the appliance, a
natural gas with a high level of environmental
compatibility, which is nevertheless flammable.
During transportation and installation of the ap-
pliance, be certain that none of the components
of the refrigerant circuit become damaged.
If the refrigerant circuit should become dam-
– avoid open flames and sources of ignition
– thoroughly ventilate the room in which the ap-
pliance is situated
• It is dangerous to alter the specifications or mod-
ify this product in any way. Any damage to the
cord may cause a short-circuit, fire and/or elec-
Warning! Any electrical component (power
cord, plug, compressor) must be replaced by
a certified service agent or qualified service per-
1. Power cord must not be lengthened.
2. Make sure that the power plug is not squash-
ed or damaged by the back of the appliance.
A squashed or damaged power plug may
overheat and cause a fire.
3. Make sure that you can come to the mains
plug of the appliance.
4. Do not pull the mains cable.
5. If the power plug socket is loose, do not in-
sert the power plug. There is a risk of electric
shock or fire.
6. You must not operate the appliance without
the lamp cover
• This appliance is heavy. Care should be taken
when moving it.
• Do not remove nor touch items from the freezer
compartment if your hands are damp/wet, as
this could cause skin abrasions or frost/freezer
• Avoid prolonged exposure of the appliance to
of interior lighting.