You can elect to lightly print a sequential control-number, stored watermark, date and
time, or serial number on the background of each copy set as a watermark.
1. On the Services Home window, select Copy.
2. Select Output Format and then select Watermark.
3. To add a control number, select Control Number, select Add. To select the starting
number, select the plus or minus (+/–) buttons.
4. Select Save.
5. To add a stored watermark, select Stored Watermarks, then select On. Select a stored
watermark in the list, then select Save.
6. To print the current date and time on the copies, select Date & Time, select Add,
then select Save.
7. To print the printer's serial number on the copies, select Serial Number, select Add,
then select Save.
8. The watermark image is faint so the content of the page can be seen. To make the
watermark visible on copies used as originals, select Watermark Effect, then select
Embossed or Outline, then select Save.
9. Select Save.
Secure Watermark is an optional feature and requires the purchase of an optional
package. For information, contact the Xerox Customer Support Center. Secure Watermark
is sometimes called Hybrid Watermark.
Secure Watermark is a security management feature that embeds a copy-protection,
digital code into a document in order to restrict the document from being duplicated
(copied). With the digital code, you can also determine when, from which machine, and
by whom the document originated.
The following limitations or conditions apply to the Secure Watermark feature:
Secure Watermark options include:
This option embeds a code into the document, and prevents it from being copied or
Stored Secure Watermark
This option embeds hidden text into the documents. With this hidden text feature, the
specified text is embedded in the entire sheet. When copying a document with hidden
text, the embedded text on the printed output appears in white regardless of whether
or not the optional Secure Watermark kit is installed on the machine.