Important Safety Information
You MUST read hese warnings carefully before installing or using the
hob. If you need assistance, contact our local Customer Care Department
• This hob must be installed by qualified personnel, according to the manufacturer's
instructions and to the relevant Australian Standards.
• Any gas installation must be carried out by a registered installer.
• Remove all packaging before using the hob.
• Ensure that the gas and electrical supply complies with the type stated on the
rating plate, located near the gas supply pipe on the appliance.
• Do not attempt to modify the hob in any way.
• The appliance must be installed at a minimum distance of 50 cm from curtains
or other combustible material.
• Where this appliance is installed in marine craft or in caravans, it shall not be
used as a space heater.
• • • • • This hob is designed to be operated by adults. Do not allow children to play near
or with the hob.
• • • • • The hob gets hot when it is in use.
• • • • • Children should be kept away until it has cooled.
• • • • • Children can also injure themselves by pulling pans or pots off the hob.
• • • • • This appliance is not intended for use by children or other persons whose physical,
sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge prevents
them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction by a
responsible person to ensure that they can use the appliance safely.
• • • • • This hob is intended for domestic cooking only. It is not designed for commercial
or industrial purposes.
• Ensure a good ventilation around the appliance. A poor air supply could cause
lack of oxygen.
• This appliance is not connected to a combustion products evacuation device. It
must be installed and connected in accordance with current installation
regulations. Particular attention shall be given to the relevant requirements
• • • • • When in use a gas cooking appliance will produce heat and moisture in the
room in which it has been installed. Ensure there is a continuous air supply,
keeping air vents in good condition or installing a cooker hood with a venting
Important safety information